Vegetarian Iftar Recipe | Date Squares
* 1 1/2 cups flour
* 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
* 1 cup brown sugar, packed
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* Pinch salt
* 2 packages (16 ounces) chopped dates
* 1 cup water
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a saucepan combine all filling Ingredients and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is thick. Set aside to cool.
2. Mix Flour, oats, sugar, butter, soda and salt, press about half of mixture in a greased and floured 9x 13-inch pan. Spread filling over the oat layer.
3. Add remaining oat mixture and press down lightly with hands.
4. Bake at 350 degree for 20 minutes. Now Easy Dates Square is ready.
5. Cool Completely before cutting. Cut into square shapes and serve.