Iftar Recipe | Ramadan Dessert from Iran
Zolbia Bamieh from Iran
starch, 500 grams
yogurt (non-skim), 150 grams
sugar, 200 grams
rose-water, 2-3 spoons
1) Mix starch, 1-2 spoons of sugar, and water, then add yogurt and mix well until the
mixture is even and smooth.
2) Heat oil in a pan until hot.
3) Pour the mix through a funnel into the pan creating round lattice shapes about 5-6 cm in diameter. Turn heat down and fry fully on one side, then on the other.
4) Mix well sugar, rose-water, and a glass of water.
5) Heat until water comes to a boil, and the syrup thickens. Remove from heat.
6) Soak zolbia in the syrup for about 5 minutes, then serve.