Iftar Recipe | Iranian Ramadan Soup
Today we feature an iftar recipe from Iran. This dish is called the Aash-e Sholeh-Ghalamkar, which is a meat porridge dish. It is a popular iftar recipe during Ramadan in Iran. The Aash-e Sholeh-Ghalamkar is a hearty and spicy soup that is filling and delicious. But the Aash-e Sholeh-Ghalamkar is also a nutritious recipe being packed with protein goodness.
However, it does take some time to prepare. So for the working fasting person, you might want to try this recipe out during the weekend when you have more time to make it.
Try this iftar recipe out today!
Iran Porridge Recipe
* vegetables: parsley, dill, coriander, spinach, spring-onion ends, 500 grams
* long-grain or basmati rice, 100 grams
* peas, 100 grams
* beans, 100 grams
* lentils, 100 grams
* beef or lamb, 500 grams
* onions, 3 large
* turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon
* cooking oil
* black pepper
1) Soak peas, beans and lentils in water for 4-5 hours. Peel and chop onions and fry in oil until slightly golden.
2) Cut meat into small pieces and fry with onions until it changes color.
3) Add peas, beans, lentils, turmeric, salt, pepper and hot water, and cook over low heat for about one hour. Wash rice and add to the soup (or aash, soup in Farsi). Cook for another 20-30 minutes.
4) Wash vegetables and chop finely. Add to soup and cook for another 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently. Add more hot water during cooking if necessary.