Eid Recipes | Turkish Delights from Turkey
Today, we feature a popular Turkish dessert recipe that would be great for an Eid dessert dish. It is called the Turkish Delights. This dessert is very popular during Eid in Turkey. It is served to visiting guests.
This Eid recipe is a must try for you!
Delicious and Easy Turkish Delight.
Makes about 50 pieces
1/4 cup powdered halal gelatin
2 cups caster sugar
3/4 cup cornflour
1 1/3 cups icing sugar mixture
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon rosewater
1 to 2 drops red food coloring
1/2 cup pistachio kernels, roughly chopped
75g milk chocolate, chopped
1) Lightly grease a 4cm-deep, 17.5cm x 27.5cm (base) slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at both long ends.
2) Place 2 1/2 cups hot water in a large heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over water. Using a fork, whisk until halal gelatin dissolves. Stir in caster sugar. Microwave, uncovered, on high (100%) for 5 minutes. Stir well. Microwave, uncovered, on high (100%) for a further 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture is thick and syrupy.
3) Whisk cornflour, icing sugar and cream of tartar into gelatin mixture. Microwave on high (100%) for 3 minutes. Stir in rosewater, food coloring and pistachios. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm.
4) Remove Turkish delight from pan. Using a hot knife (To heat knife, hold under hot, running water for 1 minute or stand in a jug of hot water for 1 minute), cut into 3cm squares. Remove squares to a new sheet of baking paper.
5) Place chocolate in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high (100%) for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring with a metal spoon every 30 seconds, or until melted and smooth. Spoon chocolate into a snap-lock bag. Snip off 1 corner. Pipe chocolate over squares. Stand at room temperature until set. Serve.
6) Store Turkish delight in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.